This is a discussion on NTP 4.2.4p5-RC1 Released - NTP ; Redwood City, CA - 2008/05/20 - The NTP Public Services Project ( http://support.ntp.org/ ) is pleased to announce that NTP 4.2.4p5-RC1, a Release Candidate of the NTP Reference Implementation from the NTP Project, is now available at http://www.ntp.org/downloads.html and http://support.ntp.org/download ...
Redwood City, CA - 2008/05/20 - The NTP Public Services Project
(http://support.ntp.org/) is pleased to announce that NTP 4.2.4p5-RC1,
a Release Candidate of the NTP Reference Implementation from the
NTP Project, is now available at http://www.ntp.org/downloads.html and
* [Bug 982] ntpdate(and ntptimeset) buffer overrun if HAVE_POLL_H isn't set
(dup of 908).
* [Bug 857] ntpdate debug mode adjusts system clock when it shouldn't.
* [Bug 532] nptdate timeout is too long if several servers are supplied.
* [Bug 902] Fix problems with the -6 flag.
* [Bug 698] timeBeginPeriod is called without timeEndPeriod in some NTP tools.
* [Bug 987] Wake up the resolver thread/process when a new interface has
* [Bug 908] ntpdate crashes sometimes.
* [Bug 1000] allow implicit receive buffer allocation for Windows.
fixes startup for windows systems with many interfaces.
reduces dropped packets on network bursts.
additionally fix timer() starvation during high load.
* [Bug 957] Windows only: Let command line parameters from the Windows SCM GUI
override the standard parameters from the ImagePath registry key.
* [Bug 959] Refclock on Windows not properly releasing recvbuffs.
* [Bug 977] Fix mismatching #ifdefs for builds without IPv6.
* [Bug 990] drop minimum time restriction for interface update interval.
* [Bug 993] Fix memory leak when fetching system messages.
* [Bug 997] ntpdate buffer too small and unsafe.
* Startup code for original LinuxPPS removed. LinuxPPS now conforms to
* Update the copyright year.
* Build system cleanup (make autogen-generated files writable).
* Fixes for ntpdate:
* ntpdate.c: Under Windows check whether NTP port in use under same conditions
as under other OSs.
* ntpdate.c: Fixed some typos and indents (tabs/spaces).
* Correctly apply negative-sawtooth for oncore 12 channel receiver.
The file-size of this Release Candidate is 3439745 bytes. An MD5 sum
of this release is available at http://www.ntp.org/downloads.html and
Please report any bugs, issues, or desired enhancements at
The NTP (Network Time Protocol) Public Services Project, which is
hosted by Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. (http://www.isc.org/),
provides support and additional development resources for the
Reference Implementation of NTP produced by the NTP Project