I recently bought a ReadyNAS to work as a server in a small-office
environment. The neat thing about this NAS is that it runs Linux on a
customized SPARC processor and provides SSH access.

I figured that it would make an interesting NTP server to the dozen or
so computers in the network, but it did not support NTP out of the
box. So I did the usual stuff, downloading the source and building
it. After a couple of days it had disciplined the NAS time quite
well, as it can be seen at http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewto...p?f=35&t=14984.

Kudos to all who've contributed to making it so easy to get NTP up and
running even in an embedded environment, especially to David Mills.