Re: Time reset - NTP

This is a discussion on Re: Time reset - NTP ; Hi Harlan, Its 'HP COMPAQ DX200 MT' running RedHat-9.0 (Linux-2.4.20-8). The previous machine is a similar one where time reset used to happen at least once a day. I referred to the http://support.ntp.org/Support for troubleshooting pages. I tried to get ...

  1. Re: Time reset

    Hi Harlan,

    Its 'HP COMPAQ DX200 MT' running RedHat-9.0 (Linux-2.4.20-8).
    The previous machine is a similar one where time reset used to happen at
    least
    once a day.

    I referred to the http://support.ntp.org/Support for troubleshooting pages.
    I tried to get the system manuals but its phased out and no documentation
    is available at HP/COMPAQ sites. I am trying to find the material supplied
    along with the machines.

    But is there a way to debug this problem ?
    This has been a long standing problem ( almost 2 years ! )

    Venu

  2. Re: Time reset

    >>> In article <875dfa3d0803040026v59e1e1fdgcbd0784f364421da@mail. gmail.com>, neo.venu@gmail.com (Venu Gopal) writes:

    Venu> Hi Harlan, Its 'HP COMPAQ DX200 MT' running RedHat-9.0
    Venu> (Linux-2.4.20-8). The previous machine is a similar one where time
    Venu> reset used to happen at least once a day.

    What about:

    http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Supp...ection_9.2.3.1.

    which talks about a lost interrupt problem for that kernel.
    --
    Harlan Stenn
    http://ntpforum.isc.org - be a member!

+ Reply to Thread