old linksys wrt54g accesspoint/router as ntp server? - NTP

This is a discussion on old linksys wrt54g accesspoint/router as ntp server? - NTP ; Hi, Has anyone found a firmware for the wrt54g with an integrated ntp server? Folkert van Heusden -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Phone: +31-6-41278122, PGP-key: 1F28D8AE, www.vanheusden.com...

  1. old linksys wrt54g accesspoint/router as ntp server?

    Hi,

    Has anyone found a firmware for the wrt54g with an integrated ntp
    server?

    Folkert van Heusden

  2. Re: old linksys wrt54g accesspoint/router as ntp server?

    Folkert van Heusden wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anyone found a firmware for the wrt54g with an integrated ntp
    > server?
    >

    > Folkert van Heusden

    Such a thing is more likely to have an NTP client that polls once per
    second! ;-)

  3. Re: old linksys wrt54g accesspoint/router as ntp server?

    On 2008-01-09, Richard B. Gilbert wrote:

    > Folkert van Heusden wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone found a firmware for the wrt54g with an integrated ntp
    >> server?

    > Such a thing is more likely to have an NTP client that polls once per
    > second! ;-)

    OpenWrt seems to have it.

    https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/pack...efile?rev=9784

    --
    Steve Kostecke

  4. Re: old linksys wrt54g accesspoint/router asntpserver?

    >> Folkert van Heusden wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyone found a firmware for the wrt54g with an integrated ntp
    >>> server?

    >> Such a thing is more likely to have an NTP client that polls once per
    >> second! ;-)

    >OpenWrt seems to have it.
    >
    >https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/pack...efile?rev=9784

    I have OpenWRT w/ntpd and several other services running on an old Dell
    TrueMobile 2300 router (similar to WRT54G hardware) and it runs great!

    Don't let that page scare you. You install software using the ipkg tool (it
    installs pre-compiled packages).

  5. Re: old linksys wrt54g accesspoint/router asntpserver?

    In article <003101c85393$d6c7dee0$7b01a8c0@Inspiron>,
    Jason Rabel wrote:

    >>> Such a thing is more likely to have an NTP client that polls once per
    >>> second! ;-)

    >>OpenWrt seems to have it.
    >>
    >>https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/pack...efile?rev=9784

    >I have OpenWRT w/ntpd and several other services running on an old Dell
    >TrueMobile 2300 router (similar to WRT54G hardware) and it runs great!
    >
    >Don't let that page scare you. You install software using the ipkg tool (it
    >installs pre-compiled packages).

    If I can ask a question at this late date.

    How do you get the time data into the TrueMobile 2300? It is not at all
    obvious either from looking at the hardware (5 RJ45 jacks and an antenna)
    or from looking at the software.

    Never mind, sufficient Google search shows me that this device as a time
    server synchronizes to another time server. It is not a stand-alone
    device connected to a GPS. Too bad.

    carl
    --
    carl lowenstein marine physical lab, u.c. san diego
    clowenstein@ucsd.edu

+ Reply to Thread