doing an ntpq -c clockvar on a specific referenceclock - NTP

This is a discussion on doing an ntpq -c clockvar on a specific referenceclock - NTP ; Hi, One of my systems has 2 reference clocks; a gps and a hbg radio clock. I would like to graph some clockvar variables of the hbg radio clock one. Now ntpq -c clockvar only returns the values of the ...

  1. doing an ntpq -c clockvar on a specific referenceclock

    Hi,

    One of my systems has 2 reference clocks; a gps and a hbg radio clock.
    I would like to graph some clockvar variables of the hbg radio clock
    one. Now ntpq -c clockvar only returns the values of the first clock,
    the gps. How can I get the output of the hbg clock? clockvar can have a
    variable which is the association but this seems to be an other value
    each time ntpd is started.

    All help is appreciated!

    Folkert van Heusden

  2. Re: doing an ntpq -c clockvar on a specific referenceclock

    folkert@vanheusden.com (Folkert van Heusden) wrote:

    > One of my systems has 2 reference clocks; a gps and a hbg radio clock.
    > I would like to graph some clockvar variables of the hbg radio clock
    > one. Now ntpq -c clockvar only returns the values of the first clock,
    > the gps. How can I get the output of the hbg clock? clockvar can have a
    > variable which is the association but this seems to be an other value
    > each time ntpd is started.

    Try something like "ntpq -np '-ccv &1'", using &n to select the clock at
    line n of the peers display, assuming that's always in the same order.
    You'll have to skip over the peer list output.

    --
    Ronan Flood

+ Reply to Thread