Re: Using mode byte of NMEA ref.clock driver ? - NTP

This is a discussion on Re: Using mode byte of NMEA ref.clock driver ? - NTP ; Hi Harlan, What is the procedure for submitting the changes to NTP ? Let me know the current maintainer of NMEA reference clock driver ? Venu > Venu, > I'd say goferit. >If somebody creates a config file with incompatible ...

  1. Re: Using mode byte of NMEA ref.clock driver ?

    Hi Harlan,

    What is the procedure for submitting the changes to NTP ?
    Let me know the current maintainer of NMEA reference clock driver ?

    Venu

    > Venu,

    > I'd say goferit.

    >If somebody creates a config file with incompatible flags you can >either:

    >- quietly do what they say
    >- noisily do what they say
    >- noisily disallow them

    >There are other choices, but those seem to me to be the best >choices.
    >--
    >Harlan Stenn
    >http://ntpforum.isc.org - be a member!

  2. Re: Using mode byte of NMEA ref.clock driver ?

    >>> In article <875dfa3d0801080516lcd3f383i58f3cd14be4853d6@mail.g mail.com>, neo.venu@gmail.com (venu gopal) writes:

    venu> Hi Harlan, What is the procedure for submitting the changes to NTP ?
    venu> Let me know the current maintainer of NMEA reference clock driver ?

    Venu, for now please open a ticket at http://bugs.ntp.org and describe
    your changes. There will be a "component" for the NMEA driver.

    Once the ticket is opened you can "attach" a patch (unified or context diff
    please).

    The refclock maintainer(s) will see it.

    If they don't do anything about it "soon enough" I'll ping them, and if they
    have disappeared I'll nominate you to take over maintenance

    --
    Harlan Stenn
    http://ntpforum.isc.org - be a member!

+ Reply to Thread