2008 resolution - NTP

This is a discussion on 2008 resolution - NTP ; Get the wacko off the list. --tony...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: 2008 resolution

  1. 2008 resolution

    Get the wacko off the list.
    --tony

  2. Re: 2008 resolution

    Tony Rutkowski wrote:
    > Get the wacko off the list.
    > --tony


    What are you referring to? Your message doesn't say anything.

    Danny

  3. Re: 2008 resolution

    Hi Danny,

    >What are you referring to? Your message doesn't say anything.


    [ntp:questions] M'I-5'Per secution ' abuse in set- up situa tions
    an d in p ublic

    By any measure, this guy is off topic and
    over the top.

    --tony

  4. Re: 2008 resolution

    >By any measure, this guy is off topic and
    >over the top.


    The "list" you refer to is gatewayed to a
    usenet group: comp.protocols.time.ntp

    There is a nut case blasting junk to all sorts of newsgroups.
    Some usenet sites are pretty good at filtering it out. Their
    users don't see anything except for threads like this one.

    It's best to ignore him. Everybody else can see that his
    junk is off topic. They don't need you to explain it to them.

    --
    These are my opinions, not necessarily my employer's. I hate spam.


  5. Re: 2008 resolution

    "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:
    > I suspect the author is mentally ill. A layman's diagnosis of
    > "bipolar disorder"!


    Said layman clearly has no idea what bipolar disorder really is. *This*
    layman would suggest paranoid schizophrenia, if he weren't all too aware
    of the futility of anyone, layman or professional, diagnosing someone he
    has never met.

    DES
    --
    Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des@des.no

  6. Re: 2008 resolution

    Tony Rutkowski wrote:
    > Hi Danny,
    >
    >> What are you referring to? Your message doesn't say anything.

    >
    > [ntp:questions] M'I-5'Per secution ' abuse in set- up situa tions
    > an d in p ublic
    >
    > By any measure, this guy is off topic and
    > over the top.
    >
    > --tony
    >


    Steve took care of it. It was coming through due to a syntax error. This
    does not prevent it showing up in the newsgroup unfortunately.

    Danny

  7. Re: 2008 resolution

    Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
    > "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:
    >
    >>I suspect the author is mentally ill. A layman's diagnosis of
    >>"bipolar disorder"!

    >
    >
    > Said layman clearly has no idea what bipolar disorder really is. *This*
    > layman would suggest paranoid schizophrenia, if he weren't all too aware
    > of the futility of anyone, layman or professional, diagnosing someone he
    > has never met.
    >
    > DES


    Bipolar disorder is the new term for what used to be called manic
    depressive. The fact that this madness seems to be cyclical suggests that!


  8. Re: 2008 resolution

    "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:
    > Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
    > > "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:
    > > > I suspect the author is mentally ill. A layman's diagnosis of
    > > > "bipolar disorder"!

    > > Said layman clearly has no idea what bipolar disorder really is. *This*
    > > layman would suggest paranoid schizophrenia, if he weren't all too aware
    > > of the futility of anyone, layman or professional, diagnosing someone he
    > > has never met.

    > Bipolar disorder is the new term for what used to be called manic
    > depressive. The fact that this madness seems to be cyclical suggests
    > that!


    Thank you for proving my point about your ignorance. Now, let us please
    return to discussing NTP.

    DES
    --
    Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des@des.no

  9. Re: 2008 resolution

    Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
    > "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:
    >
    >>Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Richard B. Gilbert" writes:
    >>>
    >>>>I suspect the author is mentally ill. A layman's diagnosis of
    >>>>"bipolar disorder"!
    >>>
    >>>Said layman clearly has no idea what bipolar disorder really is. *This*
    >>>layman would suggest paranoid schizophrenia, if he weren't all too aware
    >>>of the futility of anyone, layman or professional, diagnosing someone he
    >>>has never met.

    >>
    >>Bipolar disorder is the new term for what used to be called manic
    >>depressive. The fact that this madness seems to be cyclical suggests
    >>that!

    >
    >
    > Thank you for proving my point about your ignorance. Now, let us please
    > return to discussing NTP.
    >


    I see I've reduced you to ad hominems!



  10. Re: 2008 resolution

    On 2008-01-02, Danny Mayer wrote:

    > Tony Rutkowski wrote:
    >
    >> ATTRIBUTION MISSING wrote:
    >>
    >>> What are you referring to? Your message doesn't say anything.

    >>
    >> [ntp:questions] M'I-5'Per secution ' abuse in set- up situa tions an
    >> d in p ublic
    >>
    >> By any measure, this guy is off topic and over the top.

    >
    > Steve took care of it. It was coming through due to a syntax error.
    > This does not prevent it showing up in the newsgroup unfortunately.


    I've revised the filter (yet again) and the current version catches
    all of the last several blocks of those messages.

    --
    Steve Kostecke
    NTP Public Services Project - http://support.ntp.org/

  11. Re: 2008 resolution

    On 2008-01-01, Tony Rutkowski wrote:

    > Hi Danny,
    >
    >>What are you referring to? Your message doesn't say anything.

    >
    > [ntp:questions] M'I-5'Per secution ' abuse in set- up situa tions
    > an d in p ublic
    >
    > By any measure, this guy is off topic and
    > over the top.
    >
    > --tony


    Poor quoting and sloppy writing are far more of an inconvenience in this
    news-group than the very small amount of SPAM that we see.

    --
    Steve Kostecke
    NTP Public Services Project - http://support.ntp.org/

+ Reply to Thread