Symmetricon bc635PCI-U - NTP

This is a discussion on Symmetricon bc635PCI-U - NTP ; Hello- I have been messing with my old Symmetricom bc635PCI-U, and was wondering if anyone on the list was successfully using it with NTP/Linux 2.6. I was thinking of ordering the Dev Kit to get the kernel driver, but since ...

  1. Symmetricon bc635PCI-U

    Hello-
    I have been messing with my old Symmetricom bc635PCI-U,
    and was wondering if anyone on the list was successfully
    using it with NTP/Linux 2.6.
    I was thinking of ordering the Dev Kit to get the kernel
    driver, but since it is anything but cheap, and this is a
    hobby vs. a commercial endeavor, I wanted to be sure that
    someone else had already had some success, as I doubt they
    will accept a return.
    Thanks
    Brian Cook

  2. Re: Symmetricon bc635PCI-U

    "cookie" wrote in message
    > Hello-
    > I have been messing with my old Symmetricom bc635PCI-U,
    > and was wondering if anyone on the list was successfully
    > using it with NTP/Linux 2.6.

    Take a look at reference clock #16
    (http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp.../driver16.html). Linux
    support was added by Rob Neal in 2005.