Re: Trace ntp sanity checks? - NTP

This is a discussion on Re: Trace ntp sanity checks? - NTP ; Hi all, i tried removing the local clock driver from my configuration but it did not help. The time servers are rejected after a few minutes... > Actually, the flash value is 0. It was wrapped to the next line. ...

  1. Re: Trace ntp sanity checks?

    Hi all,

    i tried removing the local clock driver from my configuration but it did
    not help.
    The time servers are rejected after a few minutes...

    > Actually, the flash value is 0. It was wrapped to the next line.
    >
    > BTW: the data that you pasted is a bit garbled: it contains
    > non-printable characters in place of some of the information.

    sorry for the garbled text. I do not understand how this could happen.
    this time i checked that this mail is txt-only and that everything i
    paste has a planintext-source...

    again the output:

    ntpq> rv 8773
    assID‡73 status14 reach, 1 event, event_reach,
    srcadr=master1, srcport3, dstadr=0.0.0.0,
    dstport3, leap\0, stratum=4, precision=0, rootdelay=0.000,
    rootdispersion=0.000, refid.248.128.74, reach77, unreach=0,
    hmode=8, pmode=5, hpoll=6, ppoll=6, flash\0 ok, keyid=0, ttl
    =0,
    offsetT9217.462, delay=0.447, dispersion™7.039, jitterX.874,
    reftimeÊf7c1f0.7e353eeb Wed, Nov 28 2007 11:31:12.493,
    orgÊf7c1f0.7e353eeb Wed, Nov 28 2007 11:31:12.493,
    recÊf7bfcb.44055fbb Wed, Nov 28 2007 11:22:03.265,
    xmtÊe54d0b.8746ed24 Wed, Nov 14 2007 11:31:39.528,
    filtdelay= 0.45 0.45 0.45 0.45 0.45 0.45 0.45
    0.45,
    filtoffset= 549217. 549210. 549199. 549186. 549169. 549153. 549132.
    549121.,
    filtdisp= 1000.48 1000.96 1001.44 1001.92 1002.40 1002.88 1003.36
    1003.84

    does this give any hints which sanity-check failed?

    regards

    Frank

    This E-Mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must
    not copy, disclose or use its contents. If you have received it in error,
    please inform us immediately by return E-Mail and delete the document.

    Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Wenn Sie nicht der rechtmäßige Empfänge
    r sind,
    dürfen Sie den Inhalt weder kopieren, verbreiten noch benutzen. Sollten S
    ie
    diese E-Mail versehentlich erhalten haben, senden Sie sie bitte an uns
    zurück und löschen sie anschließend.

    Cet e-mail est confidentiel. Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire de ce
    message, vous ne devez pas copier, divulguer ou utiliser le contenu. Si vous
    avez recu cet e-mail par erreur, veuillez nous informer en retournant ce
    message a l'expediteur et detruisez-le.

    Esta mensagem, e qualquer de seus anexos, eh confidencial e privilegiada.
    Caso voce nao seja o destinatario, nao esta autorizado a reproduzir ou
    divulgar a terceiros o conteudo desta mensagem e de qualquer anexo da mesma
    e deve apagar com os seus respectivos anexos.

    ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG
    Kommanditgesellschaft mit Sitz in Waiblingen, HRA 260269, Amtsgericht Stutt
    gart

    Persönlich haftende Gesellschafter: Hans Peter Stihl und STIHL Aktiengese
    llschaft
    mit Sitz in Waiblingen, HRB 263722, Amtsgericht Stuttgart
    Vorstand der STIHL AG: Dr. Bertram Kandziora (Vorstandsvorsitzender),

    Dr. Peter Dürolf, Jürgen Steinhauser, Wolfgang Zahn
    Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats der STIHL AG: Hans Peter Stihl

  2. Re: Trace ntp sanity checks?

    Hi,

    linux@stihl.de wrote:
    > again the output:
    >
    > ntpq> rv 8773
    > assID‡73 status14 reach, 1 event, event_reach,
    > srcadrmaster1, srcport3, dstadr0.0.0.0,
    > dstport3, leap

    You see, it's garbage again. It's hard to keep up under this circumstances.

    Your domain name let's me assume you are located in Germany. Maybe you can
    give me a phone call tomorrow so we may have a better chance to see what's
    going wrong.

    I'll send you my phone number via private mail.

    Martin
    --
    Martin Burnicki

    Meinberg Funkuhren
    Bad Pyrmont
    Germany

  3. Re: Trace ntp sanity checks?

    In article <1h1835-m1e.ln1@gateway.py.meinberg.de> Martin Burnicki
    writes:

    >linux@stihl.de wrote:
    >> again the output:
    >>
    >> ntpq> rv 8773
    >> assID‡73 status14 reach, 1 event, event_reach,
    >> srcadrmaster1, srcport3, dstadr0.0.0.0,
    >> dstport3, leap

    >You see, it's garbage again. It's hard to keep up under this circumstances.

    Actually, his raw text isn't garbled, it's just that his headers falsely
    claim that the message is quoted-printable-encoded, so your reader
    software (and mine, unless I tell it not to) kindly takes all the =xx
    sequences and translates them into some random binary byte.

    --Per Hedeland
    per@hedeland.org

  4. Re: Trace ntp sanity checks?

    >> assID‡73 status14 reach, 1 event, event_reach,
    >> srcadrmaster1, srcport3, dstadr0.0.0.0,
    >> dstport3, leap

    >You see, it's garbage again. It's hard to keep up under this circumstances.

    My copy wasn't garbled.

    It looked like this:
    assID=8773 status=1014 reach, 1 event, event_reach,
    srcadr=master1, srcport=123, dstadr=0.0.0.0,
    dstport=123, leap=00, stratum=4, precision=0, rootdelay=0.000,

    But this header line looks interesting:

    I'm reading the usenet side. My newsreader is probably dumb enough
    to ignore that line. I don't know if it's even legal in usenet headers
    or just got passed through by the email=>usenet gateway.

  5. Re: Trace ntp sanity checks?

    Folks,

    FYI, I've had a phone call with the OP and he told me that the broadcasting
    server is in turn a broadcast client of a Windows machine running Tardis.

    We've agreed this is a poor setup and the hierarchy should be redesigned.

    Martin
    --
    Martin Burnicki

    Meinberg Funkuhren