Re: Reg comments on ACCORD Reference Clock Driver(Harlan Stenn) - NTP

This is a discussion on Re: Reg comments on ACCORD Reference Clock Driver(Harlan Stenn) - NTP ; Hi Harlan, Yes. I am volunteering to be the maintainer of the code. Infact I'll be more than happy to do this. I have been a fan of open-source community since about six years. I always wanted to be part ...

  1. Re: Reg comments on ACCORD Reference Clock Driver(Harlan Stenn)

    Hi Harlan,
    Yes. I am volunteering to be the maintainer of the code.
    Infact I'll be more than happy to do this. I have been a fan of
    open-source community
    since about six years. I always wanted to be part of a project and
    contribute back to
    this community. I hope this is my chance. I have few projects in
    the pipeline but not
    related to NTP.

    Infact we have Accord GPS Clocks in considerable number and we use
    NTP extensively.
    So it would be easy for me to maintain and test the code at my work place.

    I am going through the various parts of the code, so i'll take
    sometime to add proper
    support to use Accord GPS using the 'mode' and 'flag1' or 'flag4'
    since both of them are
    not being used by current NMEA driver.

    Venu.

  2. Re: Reg comments on ACCORD Reference Clock Driver (Harlan Stenn)

    >>> In article <875dfa3d0712032248w154a0eb4ib0814606bfbf6cb2@mail. gmail.com>, neo.venu@gmail.com (venu gopal) writes:

    venu> Hi Harlan, Yes. I am volunteering to be the maintainer of the
    venu> code.

    Glad to hear it, thanks!

    venu> Infact I'll be more than happy to do this. I have been a fan of
    venu> open-source community since about six years. I always wanted to be
    venu> part of a project and contribute back to this community. I hope this
    venu> is my chance. I have few projects in the pipeline but not related to
    venu> NTP.

    Cool...

    venu> Infact we have Accord GPS Clocks in considerable number and we use
    venu> NTP extensively. So it would be easy for me to maintain and test the
    venu> code at my work place.

    Excellent. If you have any contacts at Accord I'd appreciate your emailing
    their contact information to me.

    venu> I am going through the various parts of the code, so i'll take
    venu> sometime to add proper support to use Accord GPS using the 'mode' and
    venu> 'flag1' or 'flag4' since both of them are not being used by current
    venu> NMEA driver.

    flag4 has another, more general use, so perhaps you should avoid that one.

    And if this is a good opportunity to start working on possible improvements
    or enhancements to the config grammar, I'd ask that wherever people choose
    to have that discussion that we at least summarize that content and
    eventually implement from a section at:

    http://support.ntp.org/Dev/NewNtpConfFormat

    http://ntpforum.isc.org - be a member!

+ Reply to Thread