ntpq: option to set complete output field names - NTP

This is a discussion on ntpq: option to set complete output field names - NTP ; Hi, I want to display complete output field names of the "ntpq -p" command e.g stratum instead of 'st', type instead of 't'. Is the any command line option provided by ntpq that will allow me to do so? Can ...

  1. ntpq: option to set complete output field names

    Hi,

    I want to display complete output field names of the "ntpq -p" command
    e.g stratum instead of 'st', type instead of 't'. Is the any command
    line option provided by ntpq that will allow me to do so? Can anybody
    help me?

    Thanks,
    -Varsha

  2. Re: ntpq: option to set complete output field names

    varshakapatkar21@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to display complete output field names of the "ntpq -p" command
    > e.g stratum instead of 'st', type instead of 't'. Is the any command
    > line option provided by ntpq that will allow me to do so? Can anybody
    > help me?

    There are two obvious alternatives:

    a) This is open source: Make your own version!

    b) Write a trivial perl filter which call ntpq and modifies the output
    to show the names you prefer.

    (a) avoids the need for a separate program, while (b) will keep working
    after you update your ntp version.

    Terje

    --
    -