New reference clock driver - NTP

This is a discussion on New reference clock driver - NTP ; Hi all, The GPS receiver is from an Indian Company ACCORD. It has a custom NMEA data with GPS time and is validity. It also sends standard NMEA data including GPGGA, GPGLL with UTC time at 9600 baudrate. It also ...

  1. New reference clock driver

    Hi all,
    The GPS receiver is from an Indian Company ACCORD. It has a custom
    NMEA data with GPS time and is validity. It also sends standard NMEA
    data including GPGGA, GPGLL with UTC time at 9600 baudrate. It also
    generates 1 PPS pulse.

    For more information visit http://www.accord-products.com/gpsclock.htm

    Since I wanted to sync system to GPS time, I modified NMEA driver to
    work with this custom format (for testing). Instead of modifying the
    NMEA clock driver, I want to write a new one.

    FYI,
    Venu

  2. Re: New reference clock driver

    Venu,

    >>> In article <875dfa3d0711111940y4777fb6dw7d5433f2cf677757@mail. gmail.com>, neo.venu@gmail.com (venu gopal) writes:

    venu> Hi all, The GPS receiver is from an Indian Company ACCORD. It has a
    venu> custom NMEA data with GPS time and is validity. It also sends standard
    venu> NMEA data including GPGGA, GPGLL with UTC time at 9600 baudrate. It
    venu> also generates 1 PPS pulse.

    The NMEA driver currently uses 3 of 8 'mode' bits - could you swipe another
    bit to specify this device, or can you send the device a string and get back
    a response, using this to identify that the device is the Accord NMEA clock?

    venu> For more information visit http://www.accord-products.com/gpsclock.htm

    venu> Since I wanted to sync system to GPS time, I modified NMEA driver to
    venu> work with this custom format (for testing). Instead of modifying the
    venu> NMEA clock driver, I want to write a new one.

    If you want to see support for this device in the ntp source code base, I'm
    gonna push Real Hard for this to be part of an existing driver and not a new
    driver.

    We'll also need a maintainer for the patches for this refclock.