New reference clock driver - NTP

This is a discussion on New reference clock driver - NTP ; Hi friends, I would like to develop a new reference clock driver for NTP to support the GPS receiver which I am using. Let me know the procedure if any one has done such development. Regards, Venu....

  1. New reference clock driver

    Hi friends,
    I would like to develop a new reference clock driver for NTP to support
    the GPS receiver which I am using.
    Let me know the procedure if any one has done such development.

    Regards,
    Venu.

  2. Re: New reference clock driver

    > I would like to develop a new reference clock driver for NTP to support
    >the GPS receiver which I am using.
    >Let me know the procedure if any one has done such development.

    What type of GPS receiver do you have? What sort of protocol does
    it speak? (Do you have a URL for the documentation?)

  3. Re: New reference clock driver

    neo.venu@gmail.com (venu gopal) writes:

    >Hi friends,
    > I would like to develop a new reference clock driver for NTP to support
    >the GPS receiver which I am using.
    >Let me know the procedure if any one has done such development.

    Which GPs receiver? There are already drivers. Does yourGPS receiver have
    pps output, or only nmea ( which would only be good to 10's or msec at
    best.)

+ Reply to Thread