NFSv4 client for Windows XP? Only Hummingbird, or...? - NFS

This is a discussion on NFSv4 client for Windows XP? Only Hummingbird, or...? - NFS ; Hi all! Are there any Windows XP clients (preferably freeware/shareware), other than the Hummingbird one, that have full NFSv4 support? Greetings, Evert...

  1. NFSv4 client for Windows XP? Only Hummingbird, or...?

    Hi all!

    Are there any Windows XP clients (preferably freeware/shareware),
    other than the Hummingbird one, that have full NFSv4 support?

    Greetings,
    Evert

  2. Re: NFSv4 client for Windows XP? Only Hummingbird, or...?

    On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:50:23 -0700, Evert wrote:

    >Hi all!
    >
    >Are there any Windows XP clients (preferably freeware/shareware),
    >other than the Hummingbird one, that have full NFSv4 support?
    >

    >Greetings,
    > Evert

    I would not hold my breath. There aren't even many *nix clients that
    have FULL NFSv4 support...

    ~F

  3. Re: NFSv4 client for Windows XP? Only Hummingbird, or...?

    On Aug 31, 7:53 pm, Faeandar wrote:
    > On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:50:23 -0700, Evert wrote:
    > >Hi all!

    > >Are there any Windows XP clients (preferably freeware/shareware),
    > >other than the Hummingbird one, that have full NFSv4 support?

    > >Greetings,
    > > Evert

    > I would not hold my breath. There aren't even many *nix clients that
    > have FULL NFSv4 support...

    OK, let me rephrase my question ;-)

    Are there any Windows XP clients (preferably freeware/shareware),
    other than the Hummingbird one, that have some/basic NFSv4 support?

    ;-)

    Regards,
    Evert

  4. Re: NFSv4 client for Windows XP? Only Hummingbird, or...?

    On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:15:01 -0700, emeulie@gmail.com wrote:

    >On Aug 31, 7:53 pm, Faeandar wrote:
    >> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 10:50:23 -0700, Evert wrote:
    >> >Hi all!

    >> >Are there any Windows XP clients (preferably freeware/shareware),
    >> >other than the Hummingbird one, that have full NFSv4 support?

    >> >Greetings,
    >> > Evert

    >> I would not hold my breath. There aren't even many *nix clients that
    >> have FULL NFSv4 support...
    >>

    >OK, let me rephrase my question ;-)
    >
    >Are there any Windows XP clients (preferably freeware/shareware),
    >other than the Hummingbird one, that have some/basic NFSv4 support?
    >
    >;-)
    >

    >Regards,
    > Evert

    AFAIK, based on colleagues, a mailing list, and a quick google search,
    there's no such animal.

    To quote.... "They're (Hummingbird) the only game in town."

    ~F

  5. Re: NFSv4 client for Windows XP? Only Hummingbird, or...?

    On Aug 31, 10:19 pm, Faeandar wrote:
    > On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:15:01 -0700, emeu...@gmail.com wrote:

    > >> I would not hold my breath. There aren't even many *nix clients that
    > >> have FULL NFSv4 support...

    > >OK, let me rephrase my question ;-)

    > >Are there any Windows XP clients (preferably freeware/shareware),
    > >other than the Hummingbird one, that have some/basic NFSv4 support?

    > >;-)

    > >Regards,
    > > Evert

    > AFAIK, based on colleagues, a mailing list, and a quick google search,
    > there's no such animal.
    >
    > To quote.... "They're (Hummingbird) the only game in town."
    >
    > ~F

    To reply with a Bart Simpson quote: 'I didn't think it was physically
    possible, but this both sucks and
    blows'

    (Thanks for the quick reply!) :-)

    Greetings,