Setting up NFS with Untunbu 6.10 Edgy - NFS

This is a discussion on Setting up NFS with Untunbu 6.10 Edgy - NFS ; Can someone show me an example of a working etc/export file. I've read the Untunbu Server guide with no luck. I would like to try to mount users home dir. I've google alot of reading stuff and still no luck, ...

  1. Setting up NFS with Untunbu 6.10 Edgy

    Can someone show me an example of a working etc/export file. I've read
    the Untunbu Server guide with no luck. I would like to try to mount
    users home dir. I've google alot of reading stuff and still no luck, so
    I guess its just me.

    thanks

  2. Re: Setting up NFS with Untunbu 6.10 Edgy

    On Apr 2, 7:48 pm, Alrandolph2006 wrote:
    > Can someone show me an example of a working etc/export file. I've read
    > the Untunbu Server guide with no luck. I would like to try to mount
    > users home dir. I've google alot of reading stuff and still no luck, so
    > I guess its just me.
    >
    > thanks

    Here's my /etc/exports:

    *** BEGIN ***
    /export/src *(rw,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,async)
    /export/dst *(rw,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,async)
    /data/export/src *(rw,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,async)
    /data/export/dst *(rw,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash,async)
    /data/export/upload *(rw,no_root_squash,sync)

    /data/export/pictures *(ro,sync)
    /data/export/music *(ro,sync)
    /data/download *(ro,sync)

    This works with NFS v2 & v3. Some of the exports are for testing
    purposes. I wouldn't recommend "no_root_squash" or "async" in a
    regular setup, unless you know what you're doing.

    How about you post your /etc/exports and then I can tell you what's
    wrong with it?

    Cheers,
    bc

+ Reply to Thread