I am able to access the nfs mount from windows explorer as the user
that starts SQL services. But when I attempt to access the nfs via unc
through SQL Server I get :

could not be opened. Operating system error code 1326(Logon failure:
unknown user name or bad password.).

If I change the IP to a bogus IP I get a timeout, so somewhere
authentication is failing.

I think I read somewhere that this is a common issue trying to access
Unix NFS mounts through windows services in general.

Also, I am unable to access the mount from the dos command line, I
can't perform a NET USE x:\\foo for example either.

Thanks for any help or information.