How can I tell if it is NFS's problem or hard drive's problem? - NFS

This is a discussion on How can I tell if it is NFS's problem or hard drive's problem? - NFS ; Hi, My file server is managed by NFS remotely. The I/O operations on my client system often encounters I/O errors, such as read or write operations from client to file server. How to tell what causes the problem? NFS or ...

  1. How can I tell if it is NFS's problem or hard drive's problem?

    Hi,

    My file server is managed by NFS remotely.
    The I/O operations on my client system often encounters I/O errors,
    such as read or write operations from client to file server. How to
    tell what causes the problem? NFS or the local hard drive of file
    server? Is the error information from NFS different from error
    information from local hard drive?

    Thanks.

    Jack

  2. Re: How can I tell if it is NFS's problem or hard drive's problem?

    On Jan 22, 10:26 pm, "Jack" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > My file server is managed by NFS remotely.
    > The I/O operations on my client system often encounters I/O errors,
    > such as read or write operations from client to file server. How to
    > tell what causes the problem? NFS or the local hard drive of file
    > server? Is the error information from NFS different from error
    > information from local hard drive?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Jack

    The kind of debugging info available depends largely on
    what server and client you're using.

    If you're using soft mount (check using `mount' on client),
    you may want to switch to hard mount. See `man nfs`,
    or `man mount_nfs`. I'd suggest the "-o hard,intr" options.

    Cheers,
    bc

+ Reply to Thread