NFS and 2 interfaces - NFS

This is a discussion on NFS and 2 interfaces - NFS ; Hello! I have file server installed with two ethernet interfaces. I would like to tell NFS to use eth0 only. How can I do that? Does NFS use both interfaces if nothing is set? Szymon Bobek...

  1. NFS and 2 interfaces

    Hello!

    I have file server installed with two ethernet interfaces. I would like to
    tell NFS to use eth0 only. How can I do that? Does NFS use both interfaces
    if nothing is set?

    Szymon Bobek

  2. Re: NFS and 2 interfaces

    Szymon Bobek wrote:

    >Hello!
    >
    >I have file server installed with two ethernet interfaces. I would like to
    >tell NFS to use eth0 only. How can I do that? Does NFS use both interfaces
    >if nothing is set?

    Just export your shares to the subnet of the interface that you want it
    to work with.

  3. Re: NFS and 2 interfaces

    Steve Cousins wrote:

    > Szymon Bobek wrote:

    >> I have file server installed with two ethernet interfaces. I would
    >> like to tell NFS to use eth0 only. How can I do that? Does NFS use
    >> both interfaces if nothing is set?

    > Just export your shares to the subnet of the interface that you want it
    > to work with.

    Yes, you can do that and it should do what the OP asked, but do not
    that isn't how IP works. If requests arrive on the other interface
    with the appropriate address they will be processed. Replies will
    normally go out the desired interface.

    -- glen

+ Reply to Thread