Restricting NFS access by machine group - NFS

This is a discussion on Restricting NFS access by machine group - NFS ; Hi, I'm running NFS server on a RH AS4 server. I would like to restrict access to my shares from a group of machines. I can't use NIS netgroups, because I'm authenticating the users on the Linux workstations in a ...

  1. Restricting NFS access by machine group

    Hi,

    I'm running NFS server on a RH AS4 server. I would like to restrict
    access to my shares from a group of machines.

    I can't use NIS netgroups, because I'm authenticating the users on the
    Linux workstations in a Windows AD.

    My /etc/exports for now:

    /export/share 1.2.3.0/24(rw)
    /opt/share 1.2.3.0/24(rw,sync)

    What would be the syntax for group restriction?

    Cheers, Ben

  2. Re: Restricting NFS access by machine group

    Ben wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm running NFS server on a RH AS4 server. I would like to restrict
    > access to my shares from a group of machines.
    >
    > I can't use NIS netgroups, because I'm authenticating the users on the
    > Linux workstations in a Windows AD.
    >
    > My /etc/exports for now:
    >
    > /export/share 1.2.3.0/24(rw)
    > /opt/share 1.2.3.0/24(rw,sync)
    >
    > What would be the syntax for group restriction?
    >
    > Cheers, Ben

    You can't use NIS netgroups. But can you use a local netgroup file?
    Create a local /etc/netgroup with your own configuration. Make sure
    that your nsswitch.conf says "files" first for the "netgroup" line.

    Cheers,
    bc

+ Reply to Thread