nfs individual mounts - NFS

This is a discussion on nfs individual mounts - NFS ; Hi, sorry, I'm a newbie concerning NFS so please be patient me. If this is the wrong newsgroup/list please point me to the right one. I have the following problem: I have Linux clients which authenticate against an LDAP server. ...

  1. nfs individual mounts

    Hi,

    sorry, I'm a newbie concerning NFS so please be patient me. If this is the
    wrong newsgroup/list please point me to the right one.

    I have the following problem: I have Linux clients which authenticate
    against an LDAP server. Now I want the user home directories to be mounted
    via NFS upon Login. How can I accomplish this task? Do I have to mount the
    whole /home-tree on client startup or can I mount individual home
    directories upon login?

    Many thanks in advance
    Dieter

  2. Re: nfs individual mounts

    Dieter Schicker wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > sorry, I'm a newbie concerning NFS so please be patient me. If this is the
    > wrong newsgroup/list please point me to the right one.
    >
    > I have the following problem: I have Linux clients which authenticate
    > against an LDAP server. Now I want the user home directories to be mounted
    > via NFS upon Login. How can I accomplish this task? Do I have to mount the
    > whole /home-tree on client startup or can I mount individual home
    > directories upon login?
    >
    > Many thanks in advance
    > Dieter

    You could setup automounter to just mount the individual home
    directories. Automounter will mount it when the home directory is
    accessed. You don't even need to care whether it's upon login or not.
    (In reality, it's usually upon login.)

    bc

+ Reply to Thread