NFS on windows storage server 2003 - NFS

This is a discussion on NFS on windows storage server 2003 - NFS ; I recently acquired a Dell powervault with NAS. I'm trying to mount a specific directory on my linux machine, and it looks like the mount works fine. However, when I cd to the directory I get: -bash: cd: /tmp/ /: ...

  1. NFS on windows storage server 2003

    I recently acquired a Dell powervault with NAS. I'm trying to mount a
    specific directory on my linux machine, and it looks like the mount
    works fine. However, when I cd to the directory I get:

    -bash: cd: /tmp//: Permission denied

    I set up NFS support using the NAS manager provided by the powervault,
    it has a share path of :\\

    the mount command I am using is:

    mount -t nfs -o rw :// /tmp/

    when I do a ls of /tmp I get:

    drwx------ 2 4294967294 4294967294 64 Jun 12 11:39

    and I cannot change this permission. I don't have a user 4294967294,
    nor do I have a group by that number.

    Would there happen to be anyone familiar with this system that could
    assist with this problem?

  2. Re: NFS on windows storage server 2003

    aenerb@gmail.com wrote:
    > I recently acquired a Dell powervault with NAS. I'm trying to mount a
    > specific directory on my linux machine, and it looks like the mount
    > works fine. However, when I cd to the directory I get:
    >
    > -bash: cd: /tmp/
    /: Permission denied

    > I set up NFS support using the NAS manager provided by the powervault,
    > it has a share path of :\\
    >
    > the mount command I am using is:
    >
    > mount -t nfs -o rw :// /tmp/

    > when I do a ls of /tmp I get:
    >
    > drwx------ 2 4294967294 4294967294 64 Jun 12 11:39

    > and I cannot change this permission. I don't have a user 4294967294,
    > nor do I have a group by that number.
    >
    > Would there happen to be anyone familiar with this system that could
    > assist with this problem?

    I don't know about powervault. But 4294967294 is -2, who is nfs_nobody.
    If you're accessing it as root, you're being squashed. You probably
    need to configure the server side first to give proper permission and
    export rights.

    Cheers,
    bc

+ Reply to Thread