Exporting a symlink dir - NFS

This is a discussion on Exporting a symlink dir - NFS ; Hi, I have NFS Server A and Client B. There are two disks on Server A, one at / and one at /local. I have a symlink (/workplace --> /local/workplace/). I export /workplace. But if I do a showmount -e, ...

  1. Exporting a symlink dir

    Hi,

    I have NFS Server A and Client B. There are two disks on Server A, one
    at / and one at /local. I have a symlink (/workplace -->
    /local/workplace/). I export /workplace.

    But if I do a showmount -e, it says that /local/workplace/ is exported.
    Can't I just have it export the /workplace/ rather than deferencing to
    /local/workplace/ ? So that the client only needs to mount
    serverA:/workplace rather than serverA:/local/workplace/?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Exporting a symlink dir

    yusuf wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have NFS Server A and Client B. There are two disks on Server A, one
    > at / and one at /local. I have a symlink (/workplace -->
    > /local/workplace/). I export /workplace.
    >
    > But if I do a showmount -e, it says that /local/workplace/ is exported.
    > Can't I just have it export the /workplace/ rather than deferencing to
    > /local/workplace/ ? So that the client only needs to mount
    > serverA:/workplace rather than serverA:/local/workplace/?

    have u tried mounting serverA:/workplace?

    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread