distinguish CIFS shares and NFS shares - NFS

This is a discussion on distinguish CIFS shares and NFS shares - NFS ; Hello, Our application runs on a Windows machine with SFU installed. It needs to browse both NFS shares and CIFS shares using Windows network enumeration APIs. What information or approach can be used to distinguish a share if it is ...

  1. distinguish CIFS shares and NFS shares

    Hello,

    Our application runs on a Windows machine with SFU installed. It needs to
    browse both NFS shares and CIFS shares using Windows network enumeration
    APIs. What information or approach can be used to distinguish a share if it
    is a NFS share or not?

    Regards,

    Shangwu

  2. Re: distinguish CIFS shares and NFS shares

    "Shangwu" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Our application runs on a Windows machine with SFU installed. It needs to
    > browse both NFS shares and CIFS shares using Windows network enumeration
    > APIs. What information or approach can be used to distinguish a share if
    > it is a NFS share or not?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Shangwu

    Shangwu,

    If you're using SFU, you have much bigger problems than
    this to discuss :-) eg... Enable file/record locking and take
    a peek at your performance. ( Hint: NFS V3 client side
    cache is GONE !) Also, you'll discover that if you have
    any questions/support issues, well..... that's a joke right ?

    Good luck dude. You're going to need it !

    Enjoy,
    Postmaster

+ Reply to Thread