Is the new version of NFS out? - NFS

This is a discussion on Is the new version of NFS out? - NFS ; will there be a solaris NFS version 5? which is the latest version of nfs suitable for solaris? thanks Da Walrus...

  1. Is the new version of NFS out?

    will there be a solaris NFS version 5? which is the latest version of
    nfs suitable for solaris?

    thanks
    Da Walrus

  2. Re: Is the new version of NFS out?

    hehehewalrus@gmail.com writes:

    >will there be a solaris NFS version 5? which is the latest version of
    >nfs suitable for solaris?

    NFS is integrated in Solaris; so there's no "NFS version suitable for
    Solaris" which you can get somewhere.

    NFS protocol spec is at revision 4; 5 is unlikely because 4 allows
    for dot revisions of the spec.

    Casper
    be fiction rather than truth.

+ Reply to Thread