caching levels in NFS - NFS

This is a discussion on caching levels in NFS - NFS ; Can anyone please tell me , in NFS, at how many levels (hierarchy) caching is done? (hope......question makes sense...!)...

  1. caching levels in NFS

    Can anyone please tell me , in NFS, at how many levels (hierarchy)
    caching is done? (hope......question makes sense...!)

  2. Re: caching levels in NFS

    Typically,
    (1) Server disk
    (2) Server OS
    (3) Client OS

    For (2), if the server is implemented correctly, there should be no
    namespace caching. And the write caching can be controlled by a flag in
    the client's WRITE request.

    For (3), one can usually control that using various mount(8) options.

+ Reply to Thread