[NFS] write performance depends on root_squash/no_root_squash - NFS

This is a discussion on [NFS] write performance depends on root_squash/no_root_squash - NFS ; Dear all, Could you kindly help me with this please: 1. Case 1: Export options on the NFS server: "/exports/default" *(rw,no_root_squash) >From the same NFS client, the root user can write files very fast, but a normal user incredibly slow. ...

  1. [NFS] write performance depends on root_squash/no_root_squash

    Dear all,

    Could you kindly help me with this please:

    1. Case 1:

    Export options on the NFS server:
    "/exports/default" *(rw,no_root_squash)

    >From the same NFS client, the root user can write files very fast, but

    a normal user incredibly slow.

    2. Case 2:

    Export options on the NFS server:
    "/exports/default" *(rw,root_squash)

    >From the same NFS client, both the root user and the normal user write

    files incredibly slow.

    The only difference between Case 1 and 2 is the
    root_squash/no_root_squash option.

    And could you tell me how to speed up NFS write for the normal user
    please? or anything I have been missing here?

    Thanks in advance,

    Yuci

  2. Re: write performance depends on root_squash/no_root_squash

    Sorry, I found some errors from the file system on the NFS server
    during NFS write. So this topic is invalid I am afraid.

+ Reply to Thread