exclamation marks in a directory to export - NFS

This is a discussion on exclamation marks in a directory to export - NFS ; Hi, I'm trying to export a directory which has an exclamation mark in it: "/data/!To Sort/". Any idea how to do this? NFS doesn't like the exclamation mark. (yes, I know it would be easiest to just rename the directory, ...

  1. exclamation marks in a directory to export

    Hi,

    I'm trying to export a directory which has an exclamation mark in it:
    "/data/!To Sort/". Any idea how to do this? NFS doesn't like the
    exclamation mark.

    (yes, I know it would be easiest to just rename the directory, but
    unfortunately I don't have control of that part, and I can't change
    it.)

    Cheers! thanks in advance!
    Michael

  2. Re: exclamation marks in a directory to export

    Sall wrote:

    > I'm trying to export a directory which has an exclamation mark in it:
    > "/data/!To Sort/". Any idea how to do this? NFS doesn't like the
    > exclamation mark.

    Why do you say NFS doesn't like it?

    If you are doing it from a unix command line, the shell might not
    let it through. NFS is pretty careful not to make unnecessary
    restrictions, though it must live with restrictions in the OS on
    both ends.

    What OS, version, etc., are you using on both ends?

    -- glen

+ Reply to Thread