Hi to all!
I need to manage a cluster of machines made by:
1 load balancer
2 web server (Apache + PHP)
1 DB server
1 NFS server

Two web servers mount document root of sites from NFS of course, and
I've to think about saving log files.
I'm afraid about the disk usage on the NFS server, because I'm
estimating more then 10000 visitors daily. I can't use a cache server
like squid, because our web pages have to dialogue with the DB server
everytime.
I've read something about web sites using NFS on Solaris, which has the
property that frequently accessed files are cached in RAM on the NFS
client: is there something similar in Linux (kernel 2.6) too?
What do you think about using NFS in this context? Any alternative
solutions?
Thank you very much.