Hi all:

I am now try to port Linux 2.4 on an embedded system based on ppc 750,
the board seems like this:
+------------------------------------+
| |
| +-----------+ +---------+ |
| | Primary | | | |
| | Flash | | | |
| +-----------+======+ RAM | |
| | Secondary | | | |
| | | | | |
| | Flash | | | |
| +----+------+ +----+----+ |
| | | |
| +----+------------------+----+ |
| | uP(ppc 750) | |
| +----------------------------+ |
+------------------------------------+
and now, I try to port linux 2.4 kernel in to the system, and I want to
use another Linux system to provide
root file system support(when the kernel startup, it mount
destination:/home/rootfs as root), but I have some
difficuities in how to configure the NFS server and Client to realize
it, and I need your help.

following is some more detailed informatio about the system.

Destination system
+-----------------+
+------------
| | +--------+ |

| |--------|Debugger|------------|
WorkStation
| (Linux Kernel) | +--------+ |
OS:Solaris
+-----------------+ serial
+------------
/ \

| Ethernet

\ /
+-------------------+
| PC |
| OS: Linux |
| |
| (Root fs) |
+-------------------+
NFS server

1. Use work station to connect to target system via serial and
debugger.
2. Use the command to load the linux kernel from workstation to target
RAM.
(the above 2 steps seem OK)
3. Start the linux kernel, and load NFS Root fs as file system.
(I wonder how to do this).

thanks a lot!

kevin