strange behavior of cliente nfs with soft option on Linux Fedora Core 2 - NFS

This is a discussion on strange behavior of cliente nfs with soft option on Linux Fedora Core 2 - NFS ; I have the following entry in fstab file nfsserver:/usr/exec /usr/exec_teste nfs soft,bg,noac,timeo=2,retrans=2 0 0 I need the cliente asnwer a I/O error message in, at most, 10 seconds, because i would try by another net. If I take off the ...

  1. strange behavior of cliente nfs with soft option on Linux Fedora Core 2

    I have the following entry in fstab file
    nfsserver:/usr/exec /usr/exec_teste nfs soft,bg,noac,timeo=2,retrans=2
    0 0

    I need the cliente asnwer a I/O error message in, at most,
    10 seconds, because i would try by another net.
    If I take off the ethernet cable and try to acess the filesystem, the
    first time it answer in 2-5 seconds (OK). But at the second
    (third, ...) time it answer in 60 seconds.

    Can someone help me?

  2. Re: strange behavior of cliente nfs with soft option on Linux Fedora Core 2

    clusio wrote:
    > I have the following entry in fstab file
    > nfsserver:/usr/exec /usr/exec_teste nfs

    soft,bg,noac,timeo=2,retrans=2
    > 0 0
    >
    > I need the cliente asnwer a I/O error message in, at most,
    > 10 seconds, because i would try by another net.
    > If I take off the ethernet cable and try to acess the filesystem, the
    > first time it answer in 2-5 seconds (OK). But at the second
    > (third, ...) time it answer in 60 seconds.
    >
    > Can someone help me?

    How about:
    timeo=100,retrans=0

    100 tenths of a second, no retransmits. If that doesn't work.
    then the client is not working to specification.

+ Reply to Thread