Hello,
I'm running old RH 7.1 with fresh kernel 2.6.9 and nfs-utils 1.0.7
installed, I must say that I had no similar probs on early kernel
(2.6.8).
Problem is: I have medium-size (~ 7TB) array installed and mounted via
nfs3 on the other box with the same OS/kernel/nfs config. Every
morning this array gets rescanned via ls -R and after upgrading to
2.6.9 i'm getting such messages during that scan:

Message from syslogd@127 at Sat Dec 25 06:31:55 2004 ...
127 kernel: find_exported_dentry: npd != pd

Message from syslogd@127 at Sat Dec 25 06:38:24 2004 ...
127 kernel: find_exported_dentry: npd != pd

Message from syslogd@127 at Sat Dec 25 06:40:20 2004 ...
127 kernel: find_exported_dentry: npd != pd

Message from syslogd@127 at Sat Dec 25 06:42:32 2004 ...
127 kernel: find_exported_dentry: npd != pd

Message from syslogd@127 at Sat Dec 25 06:43:38 2004 ...
127 last message repeated 2 times

Message from syslogd@127 at Sat Dec 25 06:47:36 2004 ...
127 kernel: find_exported_dentry: npd != pd

Message from syslogd@127 at Sat Dec 25 06:49:40 2004 ...
127 kernel: find_exported_dentry: npd != pd

Message from syslogd@127 at Sat Dec 25 06:51:52 2004 ...
127 kernel: find_exported_dentry: npd != pd

Only a few messages (2 yesterday, 9 today as posted above etc), but
every such message means that one dir (and all files in it) wasn't
listed via ls -R command, though this dir is online and available.
Next day i'll receive such messages again and won't not see some other
dirs, not the same ones, that is strange. Even if I do rescan right
after that, i'll probably won't get messages at all or will lose from
ls some other dirs.. totally have no idea why and in what order dirs
keep disappearing.

For some unresolved problem I can't compile nfs-utils with NFSv4
support atm, so still staying on v3, what is quite feets my needs
except this freshly acquired issue.

Please advice what can it be, thank you.