My goal is to configure a server to avoid exporting its files over
TCP. I want to force UDP.

The server is Fedora Core 1, Linux kernel 2.4.22. On this server,
"/usr/sbin/rpcinfo -p | grep nfs" reports:

100003 2 udp 2049 nfs
100003 3 udp 2049 nfs
100003 2 tcp 2049 nfs
100003 3 tcp 2049 nfs

I modified the script /etc/init.d/nfs which starts NFS services such
that rpc.mountd is started with the "--no-tcp" argument. The
rpc.mountd documentation says this means "Don't advertise TCP for
mount." Yet, rpcinfo still reports NFS services for both UDP and TCP.
Mounting its exports on remote systems causes them to be mounted with
"proto=tcp".

There is another NFS server with an older version of Linux (2.4.18)
running RedHat 7.3. Running "rpcinfo -p | grep nfs" on it reports:

100003 2 udp 2049 nfs
100003 3 udp 2049 nfs

Mounting its exports on remote systems causes them to be mounted with
"proto=udp".

I don't know what else to try on the FC1 box to force it to stop
servicing NFS/TCP services.

Can anyone help?

-Michal