NFS problem after upgrade to fedora core 1 - NFS

This is a discussion on NFS problem after upgrade to fedora core 1 - NFS ; I upgraded a system from RedHat 9 to Fedora Core 1, and now nfs doesn't work anymore. I tried to restart portmap and nfs, and got the following messages: # service portmap restart Stopping portmapper: [ OK ] Starting portmapper: ...

  1. NFS problem after upgrade to fedora core 1

    I upgraded a system from RedHat 9 to Fedora Core 1, and now nfs
    doesn't work anymore. I tried to restart portmap and nfs, and got the
    following messages:

    # service portmap restart
    Stopping portmapper: [ OK ]
    Starting portmapper: [ OK ]

    # service nfs restart
    Shutting down NFS mountd: [ OK ]
    Shutting down NFS daemon: [FAILED]
    Shutting down NFS quotas: [ OK ]
    Shutting down NFS services: [ OK ]
    Starting NFS services: [ OK ]
    Starting NFS quotas: [ OK ]
    Starting NFS daemon: [FAILED]
    Starting NFS mountd: [ OK ]

    I would like to know if any of you ever had this problem. Why is the
    NFS daemon failing to start?

    Thanks. J.Urban.

  2. Re: NFS problem after upgrade to fedora core 1

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:00:15 -0800, J.Urban wrote:

    > I would like to know if any of you ever had this problem. Why is the
    > NFS daemon failing to start?

    what does /var/log/messages say?

    Most likely your answer is there.

+ Reply to Thread