Renaming NFS share - NFS

This is a discussion on Renaming NFS share - NFS ; I want to do something that does not appear possible but I will throw it out there to see if anyone has some ideas on a possible solution. I want to create an NFS share, for example /export/share, but have ...

  1. Renaming NFS share

    I want to do something that does not appear possible but I will throw
    it out there to see if anyone has some ideas on a possible solution.

    I want to create an NFS share, for example /export/share, but have a
    different network share name, such as /data. The man pages shows no
    support for this and I haven't been able to do some sort of work
    around for it.

    If you have any ideas please pass them on.

    Thanks
    Norm

  2. Re: Renaming NFS share

    "Norm Arsenault" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:8adbfbe1.0410211112.13132eb@posting.google.co m...
    > I want to do something that does not appear possible but I will throw
    > it out there to see if anyone has some ideas on a possible solution.
    >
    > I want to create an NFS share, for example /export/share, but have a
    > different network share name, such as /data. The man pages shows no
    > support for this

    there ist no support for this!
    > and I haven't been able to do some sort of work
    > around for it.
    >
    > If you have any ideas please pass them on.

    You have the possibillity, to share something with an long path
    /export/share/for_all/something,
    and mount it at the mountpoint /data.

    Help this?

    Rainer