-noquota mount option - NFS

This is a discussion on -noquota mount option - NFS ; I assume this option was used in the past for performance reasons but I'd like to get confirmation on that. If so, is it still the case? If not, is there any reason to continue using it? It's somewhat irritating ...

  1. -noquota mount option

    I assume this option was used in the past for performance reasons but
    I'd like to get confirmation on that. If so, is it still the case?
    If not, is there any reason to continue using it?

    It's somewhat irritating that users cannot use the standard unix quota
    command to get their nfs home directory quota when this option is
    used.

    Thanks.

    ~F

  2. Re: -noquota mount option

    Faeandar wrote in message news:...
    > I assume this option was used in the past for performance reasons but
    > I'd like to get confirmation on that. If so, is it still the case?
    > If not, is there any reason to continue using it?

    It's there in case the server doesn't implement the quota server, or
    it does, but some reason the server is down. This can slown down the
    quota command.

    > It's somewhat irritating that users cannot use the standard unix quota
    > command to get their nfs home directory quota when this option is
    > used.

    Yes.

    > Thanks.
    >
    > ~F