number of groups in NFSv4? - NFS

This is a discussion on number of groups in NFSv4? - NFS ; Will the number of groups be increased from 16? ~F...

  1. number of groups in NFSv4?

    Will the number of groups be increased from 16?

    ~F

  2. Re: number of groups in NFSv4?

    Faeandar wrote in message news:...
    > Will the number of groups be increased from 16?

    The group limitation is a property of the auth_sys protocol,
    and not the nfsv4 protocol. So, no.

    Use Kerberos V5 authentication with NFSv[234], and the
    group limitations on the wire go away.

  3. Re: number of groups in NFSv4?

    On 26 Aug 2004 09:38:13 -0700, spamisevi1@yahoo.com (Mike Eisler)
    wrote:

    >Faeandar wrote in message news:...
    >> Will the number of groups be increased from 16?

    >The group limitation is a property of the auth_sys protocol,
    >and not the nfsv4 protocol. So, no.
    >
    >Use Kerberos V5 authentication with NFSv[234], and the
    >group limitations on the wire go away.

    Thanks.

    ~F

  4. Re: number of groups in NFSv4?

    Faeandar writes:

    >On 26 Aug 2004 09:38:13 -0700, spamisevi1@yahoo.com (Mike Eisler)
    >wrote:

    >>Faeandar wrote in message news:...
    >>> Will the number of groups be increased from 16?

    >>The group limitation is a property of the auth_sys protocol,
    >>and not the nfsv4 protocol. So, no.
    >>
    >>Use Kerberos V5 authentication with NFSv[234], and the
    >>group limitations on the wire go away.

    >Thanks.

    The restriction is also not present in all the other auth
    protocols (AUTH_DES, AUTH_GSSAPI) which exist for NFSv2 and
    NFSv3 today; but not all implementations support it.

    Casper
    be fiction rather than truth.

+ Reply to Thread