How Many IOs In an NFS Operation? - NFS

This is a discussion on How Many IOs In an NFS Operation? - NFS ; We are trying to size a storage system, and we know the requirements based on the number of NFS operations per second. What is the typical number of IO operations that a single NFS operation requires? Is it highly variable? ...

  1. How Many IOs In an NFS Operation?

    --
    Will
    westes AT earthbroadcast.com

  2. Re: How Many IOs In an NFS Operation?

    "CHANGE USERNAME TO westes" wrote in message news:...
    > We are trying to size a storage system, and we know the requirements based
    > on the number of NFS operations per second. What is the typical number of
    > IO operations that a single NFS operation requires? Is it highly
    > variable?

    It's variable and depends on lots of things, including the
    server's local file system block size relative to the maximum and
    typical NFS transfger sizes support by the client and server and the
    file system's characteristics. As an example of the latter,
    many local file systems use indirect blocks for referring to
    larger files. If a sequential write to a new file is
    occuring, then indirect blocks have to be allocated and
    re-written with each write.

+ Reply to Thread