NFS retries / retransmits? - NFS

This is a discussion on NFS retries / retransmits? - NFS ; Is there a way to have NFS either wait before it tries to mount or retries to mount on bootup. I have two machines, both running Red Hat 9. My problem is that when both are booting up after a ...

  1. NFS retries / retransmits?

    Is there a way to have NFS either wait before it tries to mount or retries
    to mount on bootup. I have two machines, both running Red Hat 9. My problem
    is that when both are booting up after a power failure, the NFS client can't
    connect to the server since the server hasn't finished starting NFS yet. I
    know a UPS could solve this, but can I tweak how NFS on the client starts at
    bootup so that it waits or retires contacting the server?

    Thanks!
    Charles

  2. Re: NFS retries / retransmits?

    "Charlie" wrote in message news:...
    > Is there a way to have NFS either wait before it tries to mount or retries
    > to mount on bootup. I have two machines, both running Red Hat 9. My problem
    > is that when both are booting up after a power failure, the NFS client can't
    > connect to the server since the server hasn't finished starting NFS yet. I
    > know a UPS could solve this, but can I tweak how NFS on the client starts at
    > bootup so that it waits or retires contacting the server?

    Using the automounter would be the best solution. Short
    of that, using the "bg" option to mount will cause the
    mount to be retried in the background.

    > Thanks!
    > Charles

+ Reply to Thread