NFS problems on startup - NFS

This is a discussion on NFS problems on startup - NFS ; NFS Server: RedHat 9, Athlon 2000+ Pro (i386) NFS Client: OpenBSD 3.5, Pentium 200MHz MMX When I mount the nfs drive manually, it works fine. However, if I start up OpenBSD and the NFS server is switched off, OpenBSD won't ...

  1. NFS problems on startup

    NFS Server: RedHat 9, Athlon 2000+ Pro (i386)
    NFS Client: OpenBSD 3.5, Pentium 200MHz MMX

    When I mount the nfs drive manually, it works fine. However, if I start
    up OpenBSD and the NFS server is switched off, OpenBSD won't boot unless
    I use Ctrl-C, and continually shows RPC errors.

    Is there a way that I can run NFS on my server machine (RH9 Athlon) but
    not always have it turned on? I don't always need the files available to
    the OpenBSD box - only when I have my RedHat 9 box turned on.

    Any suggestions gratefully appreciated,
    Matt

  2. Re: NFS problems on startup

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:26:01 +0000, Matt Bostock wrote:

    > Is there a way that I can run NFS on my server machine (RH9 Athlon) but
    > not always have it turned on? I don't always need the files available to
    > the OpenBSD box - only when I have my RedHat 9 box turned on.
    >
    > Any suggestions gratefully appreciated,

    try amd(8)

    --
    DM
    gg:2800862

  3. Re: NFS problems on startup

    Thanks DM.

    D M wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:26:01 +0000, Matt Bostock wrote:
    >

    >>Is there a way that I can run NFS on my server machine (RH9 Athlon) but
    >>not always have it turned on? I don't always need the files available to
    >>the OpenBSD box - only when I have my RedHat 9 box turned on.
    >>
    >>Any suggestions gratefully appreciated,

    > try amd(8)

  4. Re: NFS problems on startup

    You should run the automounter on the client.

    Matt Bostock wrote in message news:...
    > NFS Server: RedHat 9, Athlon 2000+ Pro (i386)
    > NFS Client: OpenBSD 3.5, Pentium 200MHz MMX
    >
    > When I mount the nfs drive manually, it works fine. However, if I start
    > up OpenBSD and the NFS server is switched off, OpenBSD won't boot unless
    > I use Ctrl-C, and continually shows RPC errors.
    >
    > Is there a way that I can run NFS on my server machine (RH9 Athlon) but
    > not always have it turned on? I don't always need the files available to
    > the OpenBSD box - only when I have my RedHat 9 box turned on.
    >
    > Any suggestions gratefully appreciated,
    > Matt

+ Reply to Thread