Hummingbird client using RPCSEC_GSS - NFS

This is a discussion on Hummingbird client using RPCSEC_GSS - NFS ; I am trying to test the Hummingbird client against my NFSv4 server and have had no luck getting it to try and do a mount via RPCSEC_GSS. (It seems ok for RPCSEC_SYS.) Anyone out there using Hummingbird's client for RPCSEC_GSS ...

  1. Hummingbird client using RPCSEC_GSS

    I am trying to test the Hummingbird client against my NFSv4 server and have had
    no luck getting it to try and do a mount via RPCSEC_GSS. (It seems ok for
    RPCSEC_SYS.)

    Anyone out there using Hummingbird's client for RPCSEC_GSS (krb5, krb5i, krb5p)
    mounts and know what it took to get past:
    "GSS Security credential have expired. Please renew credentials and retry."
    even though I've just done a successful "kinit" and the sample gss-client
    works fine using those credentials?

    Thanks for any help, rick

  2. Re: Hummingbird client using RPCSEC_GSS

    rmacklem@uoguelph.ca (Rick Macklem) wrote in message news:...
    > I am trying to test the Hummingbird client against my NFSv4 server and have had
    > no luck getting it to try and do a mount via RPCSEC_GSS. (It seems ok for
    > RPCSEC_SYS.)
    >
    > Anyone out there using Hummingbird's client for RPCSEC_GSS (krb5, krb5i, krb5p)
    > mounts and know what it took to get past:
    > "GSS Security credential have expired. Please renew credentials and retry."
    > even though I've just done a successful "kinit" and the sample gss-client
    > works fine using those credentials

    I don't usually answer my own posts, but just in case someone else is
    interested, the trick is that the Hummingbird NFSSolo 9 needs MIT's
    KfW
    version 2.0. (It doesn't understand the modified credentials cache on
    newer
    releases.)

    Once you install MIT's KfW version 2.0, it works fine. (KfW version
    2.0 is
    still available from MIT's web site, under Historical Releases.)

    I am told it also works using Microsoft's Kerberos, but I haven't
    tested that.

    Thanks to those that emailed responses, rick

+ Reply to Thread