f/u Re: Windows XP to SCO Unix - NFS

This is a discussion on f/u Re: Windows XP to SCO Unix - NFS ; From: Goran Larsson (hoh@invalid.invalid) wrote on 2004-05-28 13:29:07 PST: > > Didn't the Samba developers revoke the GPL license for SCO's use of > Samba because SCO's violations of the GPL license? No. See http://linuxtoday.com/developer/2003082001326OSCYNT . Jonathan Schilling...

  1. f/u Re: Windows XP to SCO Unix

    From: Goran Larsson (hoh@invalid.invalid) wrote on 2004-05-28 13:29:07 PST:

    > Didn't the Samba developers revoke the GPL license for SCO's use of
    > Samba because SCO's violations of the GPL license?

    No. See http://linuxtoday.com/developer/2003082001326OSCYNT.

    Jonathan Schilling

  2. SCO Unix Expired

    Hi all,

    I have installed SCO OpenServer Enterprise 5.0.7 on 01 Jan 2005 (since the
    BIOS date is incorrect). After I have reset the BIOS date to current date, I
    encounter that SCO status is showed as "Expired" in licence manager. Even I
    have removed it and then entered the licence information again. It still
    show "Expired". Now the system can still runing but I can't licence
    additional users.

    Anybody over there can advice me how to resolve it instead of re-install SCO
    again?

    Thks & Regards,

    Man

  3. Re: SCO Unix Expired

    In comp.unix.misc TMAN wrote:
    > Hi all,

    > I have installed SCO OpenServer Enterprise 5.0.7 on 01 Jan 2005 (since the
    > BIOS date is incorrect). After I have reset the BIOS date to current date, I
    > encounter that SCO status is showed as "Expired" in licence manager. Even I
    > have removed it and then entered the licence information again. It still
    > show "Expired". Now the system can still runing but I can't licence
    > additional users.

    > Anybody over there can advice me how to resolve it instead of re-install SCO
    > again?

    Install Linux , move your SCO libraries ( you _DO_ have a valid license !)
    and continue running without ever needing to buy from SCO again.

    --
    Peter Håkanson

  4. Re: SCO Unix Expired

    wrote in message
    > In comp.unix.misc TMAN wrote:
    > > Hi all,

    > > I have installed SCO OpenServer Enterprise 5.0.7 on 01 Jan 2005 (since

    the
    > > BIOS date is incorrect). After I have reset the BIOS date to current

    date, I
    > > encounter that SCO status is showed as "Expired" in licence manager.

    Even I
    > > have removed it and then entered the licence information again. It still
    > > show "Expired". Now the system can still runing but I can't licence
    > > additional users.

    > > Anybody over there can advice me how to resolve it instead of re-install

    SCO
    > > again?

    > Install Linux , move your SCO libraries ( you _DO_ have a valid license !)
    > and continue running without ever needing to buy from SCO again.
    >
    > > Thks & Regards,

    > > Man

    > --
    > Peter Håkanson
    > IPSec Sverige ( At Gothenburg Riverside )
    > Sorry about my e-mail address, but i'm trying to keep spam out,
    > remove "icke-reklam" if you feel for mailing me. Thanx.

    It would have been better if *YOU* had refrained from spamming here.

    Ron

  5. Re: SCO Unix Expired

    In comp.unix.misc Ronald J Marchand wrote:
    > wrote in message
    >> In comp.unix.misc TMAN wrote:
    >> > Hi all,

    >> > I have installed SCO OpenServer Enterprise 5.0.7 on 01 Jan 2005 (since

    > the
    >> > BIOS date is incorrect). After I have reset the BIOS date to current

    > date, I
    >> > encounter that SCO status is showed as "Expired" in licence manager.

    > Even I
    >> > have removed it and then entered the licence information again. It still
    >> > show "Expired". Now the system can still runing but I can't licence
    >> > additional users.

    >> > Anybody over there can advice me how to resolve it instead of re-install

    > SCO
    >> > again?

    >> Install Linux , move your SCO libraries ( you _DO_ have a valid license !)
    >> and continue running without ever needing to buy from SCO again.
    >>
    >> > Thks & Regards,

    >> > Man

    >> --
    >> Peter Håkanson
    >> IPSec Sverige ( At Gothenburg Riverside )
    >> Sorry about my e-mail address, but i'm trying to keep spam out,
    >> remove "icke-reklam" if you feel for mailing me. Thanx.

    > It would have been better if *YOU* had refrained from spamming here.

    Please explain for a non-english speaking what you mean. I'm
    more then willing to change my sig to a better wording.

    --
    Peter Håkanson

  6. Re: SCO Unix Expired

    In article , wrote:
    >In comp.unix.misc TMAN wrote:
    >> Hi all,

    >> I have installed SCO OpenServer Enterprise 5.0.7 on 01 Jan 2005 (since the
    >> BIOS date is incorrect). After I have reset the BIOS date to current date, I
    >> encounter that SCO status is showed as "Expired" in licence manager. Even I
    >> have removed it and then entered the licence information again. It still
    >> show "Expired". Now the system can still runing but I can't licence
    >> additional users.

    >> Anybody over there can advice me how to resolve it instead of re-install SCO
    >> again?

    >Install Linux , move your SCO libraries ( you _DO_ have a valid license !)
    >and continue running without ever needing to buy from SCO again.

    He already has all he need.

    By accidentally installing with a date set to next year the system
    will show the errors he got when he runs it before the install
    date.

    A simple re-intall will cure his problem. No costs involved at
    all.

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

+ Reply to Thread