NFS test suits - NFS

This is a discussion on NFS test suits - NFS ; Hi, does anyone know of any available public NFS test suits? I'm aware of connectathon and SFS, are there any others? 10x, Amir....

  1. NFS test suits

    Hi,
    does anyone know of any available public NFS test suits? I'm aware of
    connectathon and SFS, are there any others?

    10x,
    Amir.

  2. Re: NFS test suits

    AmirH wrote:

    > Hi,
    > does anyone know of any available public NFS test suits? I'm aware of
    > connectathon and SFS, are there any others?

    Try Armani, or if on a budget, Brooks Brothers.

    --
    Copyright 2003 Angela Kahealani. All rights reserved without prejudice;
    UCC1-207. All information and transactions are non negotiable and are

  3. Re: NFS test suits

    You could also use Iozone. See http://www.iozone.org
    It can be used to get performance data for single stream,
    or aggregate throughput, for multiple clients.

    It's free, and the source is provided.

    "AmirH" wrote in message
    news:7623af2.0312170753.1e6e8cbe@posting.google.co m...
    > Hi,
    > does anyone know of any available public NFS test suits? I'm aware of
    > connectathon and SFS, are there any others?
    >
    > 10x,
    > Amir.

  4. Re: NFS test suits

    sah5@hotmail.com (AmirH) wrote in message news:<7623af2.0312170753.1e6e8cbe@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi,
    > does anyone know of any available public NFS test suits? I'm aware of
    > connectathon and SFS, are there any others?
    >
    > 10x,
    > Amir.

    Try fsx.

    www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/ people/davej/tools/fsx.c

  5. Re: NFS test suits

    Mike,

    You might find Iozone interesting. It can be used over NFS
    and can exercise:

    write, rewrite, read, re-read, read-backwards, read/write-backwards,
    read-strided, mmap, async I/O, read/write-with-locking, and
    a few million other possible permutations.

    See: http://www.iozone.org

    Mangled&Munged

    "Mike Eisler" wrote in message
    news:b8743f87.0401061615.4abc7f8f@posting.google.c om...
    > sah5@hotmail.com (AmirH) wrote in message

    > > Hi,
    > > does anyone know of any available public NFS test suits? I'm aware of
    > > connectathon and SFS, are there any others?
    > >
    > > 10x,
    > > Amir.

    > Try fsx.
    >
    > www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/ people/davej/tools/fsx.c