NFS - Client won't mount first time. - NFS

This is a discussion on NFS - Client won't mount first time. - NFS ; I have setup an NFS server and am trying to mount a file from my client. The very first time after I boot the client and execute the mount command, it won't mount. The second time I issue the command ...

  1. NFS - Client won't mount first time.

    I have setup an NFS server and am trying to mount a file from my
    client. The very first time after I boot the client and execute the
    mount command, it won't mount. The second time I issue the command it
    mounts. I'm trying to get the client to mount files on startup and it
    always fails. The error message is "Permission denied". "rpcinfo -p
    Server" works the first time. Can anyone help?

  2. Re: NFS - Client won't mount first time.

    Mike Eisler wrote:
    > erhixon@swbell.net (R. Hixon) wrote in message news:...
    >
    >>I have setup an NFS server and am trying to mount a file from my
    >>client. The very first time after I boot the client and execute the
    >>mount command, it won't mount. The second time I issue the command it
    >>mounts. I'm trying to get the client to mount files on startup and it
    >>always fails. The error message is "Permission denied". "rpcinfo -p
    >>Server" works the first time. Can anyone help?

    > What is the operating system of the client and server?
    >
    > What kind of mount options are you using?
    >
    > What kind of export options are you using?

    I'm having the same problem. both machines SuSE 8.2

    dave

+ Reply to Thread