NFS locks - NFS

This is a discussion on NFS locks - NFS ; Hi Folks, If i am copying a file f1 to file f2 using cp command on the nfs mounted directory -- Will the cp process lock the file f1 before copying it ? sj_s99...

  1. NFS locks

    Hi Folks,

    If i am copying a file f1 to file f2 using cp command on the nfs
    mounted directory -- Will the cp process lock the file f1 before
    copying it ?

    sj_s99

  2. Re: NFS locks

    In article ,
    sj_s99 wrote:
    >If i am copying a file f1 to file f2 using cp command on the nfs
    >mounted directory -- Will the cp process lock the file f1 before
    >copying it ?

    cp doesn't lock files when it copies them. It doesn't matter whether it's
    NFS or local.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barry.margolin@level3.com
    Level(3), Woburn, MA