Re: Accessing NFS (using SFU) from NT service - NFS

This is a discussion on Re: Accessing NFS (using SFU) from NT service - NFS ; There is a microsoft.public.servicesforunix.general newsgroup where this will prob receive more attention. Info on your mapping server setup will be useful. (domain/workgroup, NIS/PCNFS and anonymous access). thanks jijo **This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ...

  1. Re: Accessing NFS (using SFU) from NT service

    There is a microsoft.public.servicesforunix.general newsgroup where this
    will prob receive more attention. Info on your mapping server setup will be
    useful. (domain/workgroup, NIS/PCNFS and anonymous access).

    thanks
    jijo

    **This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    rights.**

    "Eyal Bekerman" wrote in message
    news:f8f892a4.0307090405.7e335bac@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a windows 2000 server that tries to access a solaris server NFS
    > share.
    > It works fine using the SFU package. I can mount the network path and
    > view the files in explorer. I can even write to the network drive.
    >
    > Problem:
    > When I try to access the mounted drive (or the actual network url)
    > from my NT service (written in java) I get the following error: "Logon
    > failure: unknown user name or bad password"
    > I have tried configuring the service security or the local account
    > security but it didn't help.
    >
    > Any clues?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Eyal Bekerman

  2. Re: Accessing NFS (using SFU) from NT service

    Eyal,
    Our company sells a competing product that shared a common code
    base with SFU NFS products, originally from Intergraph. The original
    NFS client had a separate Authentication process if you were accessing
    NFS resources via a Service instead of as a windows User. Our product
    still does for just such environments as you describe, I can't say for
    sure if SFU 3.0 still does or not but that is where I would look in
    their documentation. If you would like to try our software you can
    find it at the web site below, support is also provided during the
    Eval of course.

    Patch
    www.accessnfs.com

    "Jijo Jose [Msft]" wrote in message news:<3f0ca583$1@news.microsoft.com>...
    > There is a microsoft.public.servicesforunix.general newsgroup where this
    > will prob receive more attention. Info on your mapping server setup will be
    > useful. (domain/workgroup, NIS/PCNFS and anonymous access).
    >
    > thanks
    > jijo
    >
    > **This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    > rights.**
    >
    > "Eyal Bekerman" wrote in message
    > news:f8f892a4.0307090405.7e335bac@posting.google.c om...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have a windows 2000 server that tries to access a solaris server NFS
    > > share.
    > > It works fine using the SFU package. I can mount the network path and
    > > view the files in explorer. I can even write to the network drive.
    > >
    > > Problem:
    > > When I try to access the mounted drive (or the actual network url)
    > > from my NT service (written in java) I get the following error: "Logon
    > > failure: unknown user name or bad password"
    > > I have tried configuring the service security or the local account
    > > security but it didn't help.
    > >
    > > Any clues?
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Eyal Bekerman