Hi there,

I am working on the following mounted nfs volume from my debian box:

$ cat /etc/fstab
np-1b:/vol/dev_src /mnt/dev_src nfs nfsvers=2,sec=sys 0 0

$ cat /proc/mounts
np-1b:/vol/dev_src /mnt/dev_src nfs
rw,vers=2,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,hard,proto=tcp,tim eo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,addr=np-1b
0 0

For some reason I cannot use sec=sys and nfsvers=3 at the same time
(seems to work fine from my coworker's ubuntu system...). Anyway if I
try to touch a file from my main user account I always get:

$ touch foobar
touch: setting times of `foobar': Permission denied

While if I do it from sudo, it looks like it is working nicely:

$ sudo touch foobar2
$ echo
$?
0

Is there any trick to pretend being the local root (id=0) when
mounting the nfs volume ?

thank you
ref: debian linux stable, nfs-common 1.1.2-6