problem with no_root_squash option - NFS

This is a discussion on problem with no_root_squash option - NFS ; Hi all ! I have a file server ( FS1) which use smbldap to manage users and group for windows clients ... Actually, I try to connect an another server ( SS2) in order to save files shared by windows ...

  1. problem with no_root_squash option

    Hi all !

    I have a file server ( FS1) which use smbldap to manage users and group
    for windows clients ...

    Actually, I try to connect an another server ( SS2) in order to save
    files shared by windows clients ...

    So I put this line in my /etc/exports of FS1 :

    /windows_share SS2(ro,sync,no_root_squash)

    And then, naturally : exportfs -a

    Then I have mount this share with the command :
    mount -t nfs FS1:/windows_share /mnt/FS1

    When I try to go to the windows_share from SS2, I can't access root
    directories !! althought I put no_root_squash in the export file ...

    It seems that I have anonymous rights ...

    Could someone tell me what i have forgotten ?

    On my client, I use nfs-util-1.1.4
    On my server, I use nfs-1.0.10

    thanks for your help

    Stephane

  2. Re: problem with no_root_squash option

    I fix the problem by updating nfs-util on the nfs server !

    Now, no_root_squash works very well ..

    Stéphane PERON a écrit :
    > Hi all !
    >
    > I have a file server ( FS1) which use smbldap to manage users and group
    > for windows clients ...
    >
    > Actually, I try to connect an another server ( SS2) in order to save
    > files shared by windows clients ...
    >
    > So I put this line in my /etc/exports of FS1 :
    >
    > /windows_share SS2(ro,sync,no_root_squash)
    >

    > And then, naturally : exportfs -a
    >
    > Then I have mount this share with the command :
    > mount -t nfs FS1:/windows_share /mnt/FS1
    >

    > When I try to go to the windows_share from SS2, I can't access root
    > directories !! althought I put no_root_squash in the export file ...
    >
    > It seems that I have anonymous rights ...
    >
    > Could someone tell me what i have forgotten ?
    >
    > On my client, I use nfs-util-1.1.4
    > On my server, I use nfs-1.0.10
    >
    > thanks for your help
    >
    > Stephane