Python script - NFS

This is a discussion on Python script - NFS ; I have to extract data files from NFS server using a python script??? i am new to scripts so nt able to proceed in this...Can anyone tell me the approach n method to cumplete this task??...

  1. Python script

    I have to extract data files from NFS server using a python script???
    i am new to scripts so nt able to proceed in this...Can anyone tell me
    the approach n method to cumplete this task??

  2. Re: Python script

    princess.0587@gmail.com wrote:

    > I have to extract data files from NFS server using a python script???
    > i am new to scripts so nt able to proceed in this...Can anyone tell me
    > the approach n method to cumplete this task??

    Normally, NFS is accessed by mounting the file system on
    the client, similar to the way a real disk is mounted.
    (On DOS/Windows systems it will have a drive letter.)

    Once you do that, it is just like accessing any other
    file from python, or any other program.

    For windows, NFS is part of Services for Unix, downloadable
    free from www.microsoft.com

    -- glen

+ Reply to Thread