I suffer from long delay of nfs writing. I tried to run nfsd with
no_wdelay
and sync and did nfs mount with sync without effect. I run compilation
of
our product by 'make -j' (not limited the number of jobs that can
run
simultaneously). The targets are stored on nfs server. Often after
compilation
of some target finishing 'make' runs the same compilation again,
because
the target does not exist. One time I saw by 'ls' that target does not
exist
during more then one second after finishing of the compilation. If I
run the
same compilation locally on the nfs server I have not the problem.

The nfs server and client connected by one 1G Cisco switch. NFS server
runs
on Linux kernel 2.6.9-42 distributed with Red Hat Enterprise 4. The
server
has two Dual-Core AMD Opteron Processor 2210, 1800MHz.

Do you have idea how to optimize the nfs server?

Thanks
--Vadim