mount_nfs with Kerberos on FreeBSD7 - NFS

This is a discussion on mount_nfs with Kerberos on FreeBSD7 - NFS ; Hi all, I posted that message to the FreeBSD questions mailinglist but got no reply so far so I try my luck here. I try to figure out which options I should pass to mount_nfs when I want to use ...

  1. mount_nfs with Kerberos on FreeBSD7

    Hi all,

    I posted that message to the FreeBSD questions mailinglist but got no
    reply so far so I try my luck here.

    I try to figure out which options I should pass to mount_nfs when I want
    to use Kerberos authentication instead of the classic sys permission.

    In some online man pages of V4 I find an option -K, I can't find
    anything like this on my 6 or 7 series versions however.

    Is there any documentation available about that somewhere? Google didn't
    help me so far.

    Or could anyone using Kerberos show me how to do it?

    Linux works fine but I need it on BSD too

    thanks

    Adrian

  2. Re: mount_nfs with Kerberos on FreeBSD7

    Adrian Gschwend writes:

    > I try to figure out which options I should pass to mount_nfs when I want
    > to use Kerberos authentication instead of the classic sys permission.

    Shouldn't "-o sec=krb5[i|p]" work?

    Sebastian

  3. Re: mount_nfs with Kerberos on FreeBSD7

    Sebastian Hanigk wrote:

    > Shouldn't "-o sec=krb5[i|p]" work?

    That's what I tried too, I get the "usage" parameters of mount_nfs if I
    do that so I guess it doesn't know the options (in none of the krb5[i|p]
    combinations)

    cu

    Adrian

+ Reply to Thread